20130414

Futures : Environment Artist's Portfolios

Here is a list of portfolio's I have looked in to, there seems to be a wide range of ways to showcase the work created and there also seems to be no 'set' themes or consistencies through the websites (other than showing an entire environment as a piece of work), they don't seem to go particularly in-depth with individual models or explanations on the development process which is something I would have expected.


www.timspanjer.com

www.andybaigent3d.com

www.jonarm.com

www.michaeldunnam.com

www.roelcoucke.com

www.ryandao.com


I think if I am to pursue a career within the games industry as an environment artist I will want to produce a digital (and printed) portfolio exploring a diverse range of environments. I also believe showing some of the more exciting models on their own would be advantageous to show my modelling skills, and perhaps some more organic work produced in Mudbox or ZBrush as these programs seem to appear more and more on these job application requirements.