20130404

Futures : General Thoughts...

I'm in two minds about which direction to go when I finish my degree at Futureworks (well three if you include the possibility of continuing on to a Masters Degree). There are two paths that really stand up for me, through my work at Matmi and the kind of work I have focussed on throughout my time on the course has led me towards being an Environment Artist or starting up my own Indie Studio

I hope through this module to look in to the details of these two very different jobs, and see which is more suited to my strengths and hopes. 

I like the idea of being an environment artist at a bigger studio and working my way up, learning solid foundations from which to base an indie dev studio from. On the other hand I believe working at a AAA studio may change or 'taint' the way I perceive game development and could potentially keep me locked in to a AAA career designing games for other people instead of my own.